Just kidding. That’s the title of a satire I found buried in the Onion archives. Pretty darn funny.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?
We are a collection of folks who care about access to medicine issues. We started this blog because there didn't seem to be too many hubs where information of this sort could be found (written in a non-academic way anyway). We blog mostly on topic, sometimes with a Canadian angle: but not always.
Kevin Charles | posts | bio
Stephanie Gatto | posts | bio
David Ng | posts | bio
Natasha Ovtcharenko | posts | bio
THE WTF GLOSSARY
A basic primer (start here)
Compulsory Licenses EU-India FTA
ARVs What they do.
You may also notice that there will be a lot of things related to the Canadian election (at least until May anyway). This is because there are some spectacular instances of unethical behaviour in Canadian politics specifically in reference to Access to Medicine. Don't forget to vote (dammit!)
What is this Bill C-393 that keeps getting mentioned? A primer can be found here.
- All eyes on India’s drug patent case
- They Go to Die: A TB/HIV and Human Rights Film
- A portrait of HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa
- Another impressive declaration but will it help increase access?
- Dear Government: please update the CAMR website
- Wonder Drug Inspires Deep, Unwavering Love Of Pharmaceutical Companies
- HIV positive babies?
- Gilead to license several HIV/AIDS drugs to the Medicines Patent Pool
- Contributor Bio: Stephanie Gatto
- James Cowan: Not all senators against bill C-393
- Roche Wins as High Court Limits University Patent Rights
- Passing drug bill imperative: AIDS in Africa could be stopped in its tracks if medications were available
- CIHR Reverses Drug Trial Policy
- UNICEF Begins to List Prices Paid for Vaccines
- Drugs and Profits: NYT Op-Ed on Avastin
- Are we human enough to discuss human rights?
- Back to the grind. Now… where were we? Ah right, we want to host a carnival!
- What Would You Say to your Children about the Canadian Government? (My two cents)
- MacGyver would be proud: Possible 3 cent HIV test.
- Drop a beat: Grannies rap about access to medicines
FOLKS WE ADMIRE
- Opinions are specific to each individual author and are not representative of any group, agency, and/or organization. Note that not all posts are subject related.
In case you were wondering, the name of the blog comes from this song.
- Access to Medicine Regimes (10)
- Australia (1)
- Basics (3)
- Big Pharma (15)
- Bill C-393 (14)
- Canada (18)
- Canadian Election (6)
- carnival (1)
- EU (4)
- Generics (5)
- Global Health Carnival (1)
- HIV/AIDS (18)
- India (3)
- IP etc (10)
- Media (9)
- Not really on topic (4)
- NOTCOOL (4)
- Patent Pools (1)
- PMTCT (1)
- Research (7)
- Science (5)
- Silly (5)
- TB (1)
- The blog (6)
- TRIPS (1)
- Uncategorized (7)
- United Nations (3)